What is MetroBus?
MetroBus will be an express service, separate from general traffic in places, with faster and more reliable journey times.
MetroBus is one part of a comprehensive integrated transport strategy for the South West that aims to reduce car dependency and congestion with:
- passenger transport improvements (including MetroBus and new bus links),
- measures to improve cycling and walking,
- traffic and parking management, and
- improvements to rail via MetroWest.
MetroBus has been designed to link and connect with existing rail and bus services. It builds on the £80 million investment in the Greater Bristol Bus Network and is part of an integrated approach to travel investment in the area.
Green, accessible and supporting sustainable growth
MetroBus is part of the West of England’s overall plan to:
- reduce carbon emissions,
- support sustainable economic growth,
- promote accessibility,
- contribute to better safety, security and health,
- improve quality of life and create a healthy natural environment.